• Students will learn how to construct a textured collage which can be successfully printed
• Students will learn how to print their collages as either an intaglio print or a relief print.
• Students will learn how to print their collages using both an etching press and hand printing techniques
• Students will produce work that can form the basis for mixed media images
• Students will learn how to enhance their initial printed collages through the addition of selected monoprinting techniques
Student Supply List:
Photos, drawings, sketchbooks, or any other reference materials that can be used as inspiration; f Small bottle Acrylic Gloss Medium; Newsprint Pad, at least 10 by 13 inches; Scraps of colored Japanese paper; Disposable gloves; Q-tips; Tweezers; Textured flat materials for collagraphs, such as sandpaper, lace, cheesecloth, corrugated cardboard, textured wallpaper, string, salt, etc.; Nothing that is breakable or sharp, such as glass or metal; Elmer’s Glue; All 4 Matt boards , at least 5"'x7"; Xacto knife; Paper towels